Now this just may be one of the most HORRIFIC stories I’ve EVER heard.
According to the sources , 20-year-old Emily Pankhurst, from Maidstone, United Kingdom, almost died after having a tampon in for far too long…. NINE DAYS!
She claims to have noticed feeling a tad ill but just attributed it to the stresses of school life, when actually her body was being filled with toxins. She complained of feeling bloated and a bit under the weather, which then developed into feeling faint, running a fever, having blotchy discolored skin and even slurred speech!
After her sick feelings worsened, then noticing a bloody discharge, she decided to see a doctor, who couldn’t find anything wrong.
Her mother was the one who suggested that she check herself, and then is when she realized her grave and DISGUSTING oversight.
“I pulled it out, it was pure black. I wouldn’t have known what it was apart from the string. It was horrible. I immediately chucked it in the loo, I felt sick,” she said.
Next thing she knew, she was in the hospital and admitted to intensive care. There, doctors said she was suffering from sepsis (blood poisoning) as a result of TSS, an infection caused by bacteria that formed around the tampon.
Doctors managed to save her life with antibiotics, but Emily is still unable to walk long distances.
“I was very lucky my mum saw my symptoms as abnormal as the doctors said if I had gone to bed that night I wouldn’t have woken up the next day. The sepsis would have spread all across my body and shut down my vital organs.”
She is said to be in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery.
In an interview, she stated that she was going to take this incident and use it as an opportunity to educate females about the dangers of tampons.
We at Carib Buzz are presently lost for words and will just take the opportunity to go to the bathroom and finish vomiting.
So much questions..
So little time…